We are looking for an inventive and strongly motivated plant or biology hacker to help us design and run plant growing experiments with our computer controlled closed environment growing system. This is a great opportunity to take your plant science to new heights, to learn and to help solve one of humanity’s biggest problems: Sustainable food supply for a rapidly growing urbanized population.
- Design and run experiments
- Design new recipes for growing plants to achieve taste, nutrition and yield
- Work with technical colleagues in developing growing system
- Have hands-on experience with growing plants, ideally in a soilless system
- Are strongly motivated, execution oriented and open minded
- Are curious, direct and a self starter
- Work well in a cross-disciplinary team
- Wish to help solve one of the main problems humanity face through business and technology
- A great place to learn – we combine plant science, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, big data, hardware, software, mechanics and cloud computing
- The opportunity to apply cutting edge science and technology to a problem that matters
- Opportunity for a permanent position
- Flexible work place and hours (the system can be monitored and controlled remotely)
- High degree of influence
The demand for locally-produced, pesticide-free, nutritious vegetables is skyrocketing. Nextfood enables local companies in the urban food sector (e.g. restaurants, catering and suppliers) to make a business of delivering on this demand. In turn addressing one of humanity’s biggest problems: Sustainable food supply for a rapidly growing urbanized population that will demand 70% more food by 2050 – a challenge that current technology cannot overcome.
We provide an automated soilless farming system controlled by a cloud artificial intelligence through sensors and actuators, thereby removing the need for plant knowledge and large up-front investment known from conventional growing. Our system is scalable and paid by subscription making it possible for small/medium sized companies to grow vegetables profitably and with low risk.
We are located in central Copenhagen.
Questions or application can be addressed to Rasmus Bjerngaard: email@example.com.